Changes have been made to rules due to new insurance requirements. Please read the sections that pertain to your entry carefully. Thank you. (Printable PDF version)
General Parade Rules:
- Assembly & Line-up begins at 9:30AM. Judging begins at 10:15AM. Parade begins at 11:00 AM.
- On arrival, follow signs to the check-in table where you will be given your parade number & position. Please display the number where it can be easily be seen by the announcer.
- Parade line-up is at The Little League Field on the East side of White Salmon, (two blocks east of the shopping center). For children’s groups please line-up inside the fenced area on the grass. Please remain there until you are asked to join the parade line-up. Doing so will keep the children safe to the moving traffic of cars, fire trucks, floats that are trying to get into line-up position.
- No person under the age of 18 will be allowed in the parade without an application signed by his/her guardian. The exception to this rule is if the person is in a group or organization and under their leadership and responsibility.
- All participants riding on floats must be anchored / seated on the float and using handholds while the float is in motion.
- Alcoholic beverages are forbidden on any float, in any vehicle, or on the person of any participant. A person consuming alcohol prior to parade start will not be permitted in the parade.
- Maintain about 50 feet between your entry & the one in front of you. Keep moving forward unless acknowledging the announcer, allowing room if an emergency should occur or waiting for others.
- For safety reasons, parade participants may not throw candy or any other article out onto the street or to spectators along the parade route. Nothing may be tossed or handed out which might require or tempt spectators to move into the street to retrieve. Walkers may accompany the entry & hand out appropriate items directly to spectators. An entry or person ignoring this rule will be promptly removed from the Parade by officials.
- There is a steep hill towards the end of the parade. Let the patrolman on duty know if you do not wish to climb this hill and you will be redirected. The parade disbands a block North of Rheingarten Park. Mounted units are responsible for their clean-up.
- All floats, motorized vehicles & equestrian entries MUST provide their own insurance & provide proof of insurance (copy) with application.
- Car clubs & private vehicles may submit their private insurance card for vehicle liability insurance in lieu of a certificate of insurance.
- All equestrian units MUST provide proof of insurance for bodily injury & property damage with combined single limits of $50,000.00. A copy of insurance card or declarations page of homeowner’s or comprehensive person liability insurance is all that is required. We MUST have evidence of your insurance in our possession setting forth the limits of liability provided & the name of your insurance company BEFORE we can accept your entry into the Parade.
Horse / Animal:
- Each rider or group must have its own clean-up unit. Each group or individual is responsible for leaving the areas they use as clean as they found it. Any rider showing inability to control their animal will be removed from the Grand Parade by the Parade Officials. Each rider or group need to show proof of insurance.
- Dog’s need to be on a leash & accompanied by their owner if participating in the parade.